NIT Infrastructure, a division of NIT, specializes in the installation, design, and supply and of low-voltage systems, to include: Intrusion Security, Video Surveillance, Network Infrastructure, Access Control, Telecommunication and Audio Communication technologies.
We are looking for a Cable Technician to join our growing team. As a Cable technician the qualified candidate would service and install data, telecommunication, security and audio visual systems in commercial and industrial environment’s and provide excellent customer service to our clients. Meet all proficiencies below for a Technician Level II.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
• Motivated self-starter able to take direction and complete a task or project with little to no supervision.
• Be familiar with CAT 5, 5E, 6, and fiber optic cable installation and safety procedures and practices
• Prepare/install cable pathways and supports
• Be able to read a floor plan and install cable without added instruction
• Terminate cable on jacks at the station end
• Terminate cable on 66M150, BIX, 110 and patch panels at the distribution frame
• Operate test equipment, including toners, trackers, pair checkers, butt sets, and cable scanners
• Be familiar with cross-connection and testing of telephones and computers
• The ability to lead a team in the completion of assigned tasks
• Trouble shoot and resolve cable issues without added instruction.
• Maintain technical knowledge
• Anticipate needed equipment and tools to perform
• Audio/Visual knowledge a plus
• CCTV / Security knowledge a plus