Senior Project Manager Infrastructure:
NIT Infrastructure, a division of NIT, specializes in the installation, design, and supply and of low-voltage systems, to include: Intrusion Security, Video Surveillance, Network Infrastructure, Access Control, Telecommunication and Audio Communication technologies.
As we continue to grow our business, we are seeking a Senior Project Manager to manage projects and technicians, facilitate project meetings, track project budgets and monitor implementation schedules to ensure the projects are completed on time and on or under budget.
Senior Project Manager Job Duties:
Day to day responsibilities include reading drawings, preparing estimates and proposals, including scope of work to be performed. The SPM will review project progress daily and allocate staff where needed.
• Define and manage project schedules, internal and external resources, and delivery commitments
• Complete assigned projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines
• Coordinates detailed project plans and manages all implementation processes including resource allocation, progress tracking, monitoring change control process, testing, documentation, training and on-time delivery within budget constraints
• Consistently mitigates project risks and optimizes resources and project effectiveness
• Prepare budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions. Track and report team hours and expenses. Ensure timely and accurate invoicing and monitor receivables for projects. Parts and product ordering
• Recruit, select, orient, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel, and discipline technicians; communicate job expectations; plan, monitor, and reviewing job contributions; enforce policies and procedures
• Delegate, integrate activities, and resolve conflicts
• Manage Customer interaction from proposal stage until project completion
• Available 24/7 in case of emergency situations
• Assist team with new project acquisition
• Knowledge of cabling installation
• Computer cabling setup
• Knowledge of installation on telephone systems
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Good people management abilities; including leadership, motivating, communicating effectively, listening, and providing performance feedback
• Skilled in examining and re-engineering processes, formulating plans, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
• 3 - 5 years experience in successful project management, with a progression in responsibility.
• Extensive understanding of Project Management principles, methods and techniques
• Strong negotiation, diplomacy and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong problem solving skills; able to anticipate technical and project barriers and adjust approach based on research and experience.
• Experience working within the entire project lifecycle – Feasibility, Initiation, Planning, Execution and Closing
• Technical certifications (PMI's PMP, SEI's CMM, Six Sigma, Microsoft's MSF, Java, BEA WebLogic) a plus
• Excellent skills with MS Project, MS Excel for the use of planning, tracking project details and presenting data to stakeholders, MS PowerPoint for the purpose of communicating project information in presentation format
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Skills/Qualifications: Developing Budgets, Coaching, Supervision, Staffing, Project Management, Process Improvement, Tracking Budget Expenses, Performance Management